This event is passed. Subscribe to learn when registration for 2021 opens.
The Gilder Fellows Seminar on Economics and Entrepreneurship is going virtual this summer, and is open to all ages! The program — typically reserved for students and young professionals — features personal instruction from George Gilder, Jay Richards, Gale Pooley, Scott Powell, and other Discovery Institute friends and allies. The uncertainties of COVID-19 made a virtual program the best option this year. But we’ve decided to make the program available to everyone, so don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity!
If you or someone you know would benefit from a better understanding of the intersection of free markets and technology, the ongoing debate about capitalism vs. socialism, how to compassionately care for the homeless or those in poverty, or the best ways to defeat the nihilistic ideology of scarcity, you won’t want to miss your chance to learn directly from these renowned experts. All registrants will also receive a digital copy of George Gilder’s book Gaming AI.
The virtual seminar will be two half-day, morning sessions on August 26 and 27. Lectures and discussions explore questions such as:
- Is free enterprise still the best system for human flourishing?
- How do we cultivate the “spirit of enterprise”?
- What do cultures need to alleviate poverty and create wealth?
- Why have policies meant to address poverty failed, and what are the alternatives?
- How should we respond to the resurgence of interest in socialism?
- How does capitalism relate to the Judeo-Christian tradition?
- What makes the information economy unique?
- What are the promises and perils of future technology?
- How do we prepare for a future of smart machines and artificial intelligence?
Spread the word with #GilderFellows on social media!
August 26-27, 2021
9 AM to 1 PM (PT)
Email Jackson Meyer at email@example.com